Monday, November 16, 2009

A Man and an Experiment

As much as I hate this fact, dating is a game, wondering what to do, how to do it right. Do I call today? Do I call tomorrow? Next week? He said "___" what does that mean? I'm tired of trying to do the right thing with dating. My goal is to follow my gut from now on.


There is man I haven't told you about. We have gone out on a handful of dates over a year span. We met at a benefit for a mutual friend who had tragically (and way prematurely) had a brain aneurism and then a stroke on the operating table. Luckily she survived and still works on her physical re-gain daily. Back to the man. Meeting this tall, handsome, successful specimen as well as our seeming connection felt real good. It was a story you'd want to tell people. "We met at a benefit, we were drawn to each other, we've been in love ever since..." Except for the “been in love ever since” part. See, although everything seemed right from the meeting and the subsequent interactions it turns out that this man is married to his career and education. At the time he was getting his doctorate and he already has an extremely successful career and business on the side. Need I reiterate? Extremely successful.


We have a really nice connection. Magic kisses as we've said, something that draws us physically together. But, no follow through. He would talk about having more time for other things in his life when he finished his doctorate, but I was always skeptical. And then after great dates and one follow up call or text the next day I wouldn't hear from him for weeks or months. He was showing me that he isn't looking for the same thing I am at this time. I want that gotta be with you kind of love.


Now to the experiment in mind, but first let me tell you the inspiration. The last time I saw this man was two and a half months ago. We had a great date--fun and romantic. After a nice follow up text the next day we haven't contacted each other since. This morning we texted each other at the exact same time. Weird, right? So I wonder what could happen with this man if I put more effort of pursuing in. I mean, I've thought to myself that I have no game. I don't know how to capture a man. This one I have no emotional ties to. We have fun together and an attraction, but he hasn't shown me that he can give the kind of connection that I'm looking for. What if I practice my game with him? Who knows what could happen, right?

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see how this turns out. Way to grab your audience. I've always believed that you get more of what you pay attention to, invest the energy and you will see magical returns.

    And by the way, I have no doubt that you've got game.

    IF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say practice away - just make sure you tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interested to see how this turns out... update! Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's what I am going to be doing soon.. so do fill us in on what happens next..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the delay in responding! I love all your comments. I here by vow to keep up on comments from here on out. I'm an amateur, beginner blogger.
    Help me get motivated again. I guess this experiment is actually against my gut instinct with this guy because I haven't moved fast on it. But knowing that I need more practice...
    What would you do?

    ReplyDelete