Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Being Open

As I step into this umpteenth attempt to date I realize that different age groups probably have different rules. Or is it different expectations? But isn't it ok to have some expectations at 37? I say yes.

I'm learning that most of the men don’t plan a date ahead of time but give more of a "what do you want to do? where do you want to go?" attempt at taking me out. I choose to look at that behavior as sensitive to my needs. See I've come to a place where I choose to be open.

I have turned down many a guy for reasons that now seem a bit on the picky side. Not that I regret any of them; I'm pretty happy with my place in life, even in the relationship realm. In other words, there isn't one from my past that feels like "the one that got away."

The best thing about my personal stage in dating and relationships is that I just don't care as much. I finally know what it is that I'm looking for in a relationship, which only came to awareness a few years ago, and is probably still evolving. So when a guy who hasn't yet proven to be a fit of all my partnership desires doesn't call, I don't really think twice about it.

There was a time when it would have been the only thing on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment