Monday, September 28, 2009

Qualities that Attract

What is the single most important quality to have to attract a partner?

I say its confidence. When you love yourself, others love you. When you love who you are, you put the best of yourself out in the world and people are attracted to that. I’ve found I can be confident in different areas at different times. You know what has worked for me? If I’m not feeling my best, the mantra that goes through my head as I’m falling asleep is: I love me. I love me. Over and over. If that doesn’t work, fake it till you make it! What do you think is the most important quality to have to attract a partner? And/or what do you do to lift yourself up?

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate that you allowed for the "fake it" option. Not good for every situation but if it helps you to take the first step then confidence may come naturally over time.

    Walk carefully between faking it and LYING. No George Costanza "I'm an architect" lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confidence, good communication, and an excellent sense of humor. I enjoy long walks on the beach, kittens, and...oh wait, wrong venue.

    My sister used to say, "It doesn't matter how you feel - it's how you look that counts." Though I never entirely subscribed to that, I do believe that when you feel good about yourself, others feel good about being around you. I like the expression "Act as if," because it sounds less like lying.

    ReplyDelete