Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is it rude to give someone advice on a dating website?

So, eHarmony is a lot of work. Once you are matched with someone you go through a series of questions before you start communicating with them. Although I am appreciative of the process I still think you really have to meet someone face to face before you can decide if they are a true match for you. I like to go through the questions and men's profiles, but I don't take the process too seriously; I want to meet the person face to face.

Recently I made it through the round of questions with a match. Once we got to the "open communication" phase I received a looooooooooooong email from him with every detail of work, recent surgery, etc, etc. Honestly, I didn't even read the whole damn thing. Now I'm considering my response. Part of me wants to say, dude, seriously? Do you want a relationship with my email or with me? Is it rude to tell him?

Ok, so I'll find a tactful way to respond, but I'm thinking that if I was doing something that turned someone off, something that was that simple to fix, I'd probably want to know about it.

1 comment:

  1. I just got another initial email from a match that was pages long. At least this one asked me personal questions and showed knowledge of my profile.
    But he also thinks I'm the one for him based on my profile and the series of eHarmony questions. Creepy, right?
    I find it a turn off. Am I being too judgemental??

    ReplyDelete